Affectionately known as the heart of the Napa Valley, Saint Helena is a small but happening town. From bocce ball leagues to free concerts in Lyman Park in the summer to the bustling Farmer’s Market on Fridays to the growing yoga community, there’s always something to do!
With a population of 6000, the community is tight knit and friendly. A trip to the local grocery store is almost a social outing! There is restrictive zoning in place to preserve the unique culture of the town, which means that no chain restaurants or stores are allowed within the city limits. This provides Saint Helena with a singularly unique shopping district owned and operated by the same folks you’ll see at PTA meetings and the local Farmer’s Market. Taking a walk through downtown is never uneventful!
There are also an impressive number of wineries within the city limits. This means, of course, that land which isn’t being used for homes, businesses or local parks is carpeted in grape vines. You can be driving down one of the main streets in Saint Helena and suddenly come upon an acre or two of vineyards smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood. It makes for a dramatic and beautiful landscape all year round; from the Winter when the vines are joined by waist high and bright yellow mustard flowers to the Fall when the harvest is over and the leaves on the vines turn bright red and yellow.
Framed by mountains and carpeted with grape vines, St. Helena is a beautiful place to make your home.
Here are some informational resources on local events and institutions:
- History buff? Check out the Saint Helena Historical Society
Helena. If you're interested in the schooling your children will be getting, take a tour of the Saint Helena Unified School District website.
- We have a great Public Library with a ton of great events for both children and adults.
- If you're looking for information on the wine industry in the Napa Valley, the Napa Valley Vintners
Association is an incredible resource.
- City Hall is always happy to field questions about the city of Saint Helena.
- Feel like getting the star treatment? Head up to Meadowood for some intense pampering and lovely living.
- Saint Helena is proud to be home to one of the best culinary schools in the country. Check out the Culinary
- Summer is host to a fun variety of activities around the valley, but a definite local favorite is the Farmer's